Truck Accident Lawyer in California
In California, thousands of trucks may be on the road at any given time. Because of their size, victims of truck accidents suffer severe injuries and sometimes fatalities.
At Karns & Karns, our truck accident lawyers have witnessed the aftermath of truck accidents numerous times. Passenger cars and small trucks are no match for the size and weight of a tractor-trailer or big rig. Truck accident victims can suffer tremendous losses and expenses and we have the resources and experience to all of the legal issues involved in these claims. If you or someone you love has been involved in a truck accident, contact us to find out more about your legal rights and options for recovery.
Common Types of Truck Accidents in California
Large trucks operate differently than passenger cars. They require more time to go fast and to slow down. They make wider turns and may be loaded with heavy equipment or products. Some of the more common types of truck accidents include:
- Rollover – Large trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. If cargo is uneven or improperly loaded, the trailer can tip causing a rollover.
- Jackknife – If a truck driver loses control, hydroplanes or pushes the brakes too hard the truck may “jackknife.” This happens when the trailer swings around toward the side of the truck to a 90-degree angle.
- Rear-End – Rear end collisions are common in situations where the truck driver is going too fast or is not paying attention. If the vehicle in front slows down or stops suddenly, the truck may be unable to stop in time to avoid a collision.
- Tire Blowout – Large trucks require large tires that can bear the load of the cargo. Tires must be maintained and inspected, and replaced often. Failure to do so can result in a blowout, which can cause debris on the road and can impact control of the truck.
No matter what the cause of your truck accident, contact Karns & Karns to find out how we can help you. You may be entitled to compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses and bills
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Medical imaging and scans
- Prescription medication
- Counseling and mental health therapy
- Medical disabilities
- Lost wages from time off work
- Physical and Emotional Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death (on behalf of a deceased loved one)
Don’t wait when you have a catastrophic injury or wrongful death. Our experienced truck accident attorneys know how to investigate your truck accident, locate the responsible person or companies, communicate with the insurance companies, get you top medical care and prepare your case for trial so that the outcome is fair and reasonable.